Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Assumption Is The Mother of Screw Ups!

How true! Every time, I should take first place in the 'foot in mouth' stakes! Don't you wish sometimes with the things you say or write, that you could pull them back in, like those circled cartoon captions? Before anyone has read or heard them, of course!

Sometimes I have a tremendous ability of spurting out what's in my mind before giving it due thought and consideration. I know if I wait long enough, I'll think better of what I feel like saying at that particular moment and wipe it from my mind..having proved this time and time again, by writing my thoughts down and then deleting them or just tearing up the paper on which they're written. Getting it off my chest or out of my head does help but I must remember at all times to keep these thoughts to myself alone. Read them, chew them up and swallow them! When one demolishes the bridges behind one, one has no choice other than to move on!

My problem is I think too much about everything...I think! Assumptions are a wicked thing and can get one into massive amounts of trouble.

Every issue, belief, attitude or assumption is precisely the issue that stands between you and your relationship to another human being; or between you and yourself.

A wise old Chinaman once said: It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.

How profound!

One must always remember the sunlight and the happy days it brings.








No comments:

Post a Comment