Monday, November 20, 2006

Duh!

I finally 'discovered' that I don't have to keep logging in every time I want to write a new post! All I have to do is click on the 'header' on my site where it says 'New Posts' and it brings me directly to my 'compose' page! Double "Duh"!

But...I deserve to give myself a pat on the back! I successfully installed my broadband modem yesterday after having cords going everywhere, around my neck, through my fingers, legs, over the monitor, around my pc and in the midst of all the drama, a friend arrived! Not exactly the right time to arrive for a visit! I put my toys aside until after he left as there was no point my continuing while he was here, plus he and his wife don't have a computer and know nothing about them (quite a phenomenon these days!). I set my frustration aside, poured him a wine as he settled in for a long chat! Hiding my impatience to continue with the installation/connection, under pressure from myself, I enjoyed the interlude but as soon as he departed I tackled the 'job' once more, successfully achieving what I set out to do. I'm now with BigPond Broadband and now my phone is free for all the stupid 'call centres' to annoy the hell out of me! My 'first' call was one such call and I gave them short-shift!

7 comments:

  1. I write all of my posts in 'Word' and then simply copy them to my *New Post* saving me time online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I've discovered easy access to logging in with Beta, I have no worries, scorpy, but I guess it is a good way to record what you write.

    Nice to see you, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scorpy...I meant to say in my previous post, did you read further on what I wrote about David Hackworth in my earlier post? I included his website, which you might find very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your friend doesn't have other computer literate friends who can tell him how welcome he was (n't) Lee.
    Congrats on gettin' it dun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...it wasn't like that at all, really, Peter...he is always welcome. I'd just been putting off for so long the installation and when I finally plucked up the nerve to do it, I got interrupted...and if you knew me, I hate getting interrupted when I've set about doing something!

    I enjoyed our conversation and the shared bottle of wine! Nothing like a sip or three between friends. As I said to him, "I may as well join you...it might make things easier when is attack the installation and all the cords!" And it did, obviously! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gidday Lee,
    Yep, I'm pretty bright (not) when it comes to putting things together, so much that if I know it's gonna be a problem then I'll wait (if I can) until me ole' mate Peter comes for a visit then we both can &$%#@&% and swear too while trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...one has to curse, Wazza, when putting things together...you will never get things working correctly, if you don't! ;)

    ReplyDelete